30 days free trial.
This latest edition of the best-selling, comprehensive and authoritative Dictionary of Nursing has been fully updated and revised to take account of recent developments in nursing practice and related fields. Coverage of advances in the field includes general nursing, statistics, common scales and indexes, religion and spirituality, and commonly used abbreviations. The Dictionary provides readers with a comprehensive treatment of the ever-expanding vocabulary of the nursing professions. In addition to specific nursing terms, there are many entries in the fields of medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychiatry, nutrition, and pharmacology (including new drugs recently introduced into medical practice).
With over 10,000 clear and concise entries, written by medical and nursing specialists, this trusted dictionary covers the theory and practice of nursing, and even includes entry-level web links. The text is enhanced by 100 helpful illustrations and tables. This is an invaluable reference tool for all nursing students, recently qualified and practising nurses, and people training and working in related fields such as midwifery and health visiting.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type
• A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
• A wild card
search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
Including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more about language with the special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with homescreen widget.